How to hang a door and to cut the lock
1. How to check up adjustment. Insert a door into a box, having connected loopy edge to jamb. The interval between a door and a box on each side and from above should not exceed 2 mm and 4 mm between a bottom edge of a door and a floor. If the door is a little wide or long, fix it and podstrogajte the bottom or lateral edge.
2. How to mark nests for loops. Spend a line across a loopy end face of a door on distance of 150 mm from an upper edge. Put a loop to this line and at the same end face note a loop bottom edge. A surface gauge put on distance between edge of a loopy plate and the middle of a loop, draw a line from a door face sheet on its end face, having connected two earlier put lines. Now put a surface gauge on the distance equal to a thickness of a loopback plate, and put this distance on a door face sheet. Note a place for the following loop on distance of 225 mm from a door bottom edge in the same way. If it is necessary, mark a place for the third loop between two first.
3. How to make deepenings. Take a chisel with an oblique edge of the same width, as deepening. Put a chisel skosom towards a deepened part, across deepening on distance of 2 mm from its edge and strongly strike kijankoj to cut a door cloth on the depth equal to a thickness of a loopback plate. The same make and on other end of a marking. Then put an edge of a chisel at the line put at an end face parallel to a face sheet of a door, and do sample in a direction to it. Hold a chisel skosom downwards at an angle 45 degrees across deepening. On a chisel beat sharp blows. Then turn a chisel skosom upwards, put it on a line put on a face sheet of a door, and choose wood in a direction to back border of deepening. After that put a chisel steeply and cut from top to down from the top and bottom marks to straighten edges and to clean deepenings. The same do and with other deepenings.
Door goats for simplification of work
The Simple adaptation named door goats, it is possible to collect from several pieces of waste wood and a cardboard. With their help it is convenient to keep a door on a place if it it is necessary podstrogat on the size or to choose loopy nests. Goats do of three small pieces of a tree (50 on 25 mm) and two big (150 on 50 mm). Two big bruska on 12 mm more than a thickness of a door, beat to brusku section 50 on 25 mm. Cardboard linings protect a surface of a door from damages at work. The pair bruskov (50 on 25 mm), beaten across the bottom part of assemblage, serves as a support and raises a construction over a floor. The door in the weight presses down flexible brusok (50 on 25 mm), presses to each other big bruski which strong hold a door.
4. How to hang a door. Place a loop shutter in the top nest, plan a core or shilom an aperture under screws and fix loops screws of the suitable size. Attach the remained loops in the same way. Put a door in a box, line from below wedges and put a marking of two loops on a jamb. Mark and choose deepenings for loops in a jamb the same as and at doors, then, keeping a door wedges, attach shutters of loops to a jamb screws.
5. A marking of a spindle, the lock and a keyhole. Make a horizontal mark in a closing end face of a door in height of one metre from a floor (the height can be varied as you conveniently). Put the lock case to the spent line and note its bottom edge. Dissolve surface gauge laths for a thickness of the lock and spend two parallel lines perpendicularly to two horizontal which pass on the centre of an end face of a door (an insert in drawing). Put distance in a surface gauge equal to distance between a forward part of the case of the lock and the centre of an aperture for a spindle, press a surface gauge to an end face of a door and will hang the sizes of the lock on both face sheets of a door. Note keyhole position. Spend last vertical line on the centre between spent earlier vertical lines.
6. Drilling of apertures under a spindle and a keyhole. Pick up such diameter of a drill that the spindle could rotate easily in an aperture. Put a drill on a marking (on a door face sheet) and, having fixed a door, drill it through. Repeat the same on the other hand that the aperture had the finished appearance. The aperture for a keyhole is drilled as.
7. Nest drilling under the lock. Pick up a drill in diameter equal to a thickness of the case of the lock. Measure length of the case of the lock on a drill and wind a drill in this place izoljatsionnoj with a tape, as the terminator of depth of drilling. Drill a number of apertures on a line of a marking of a nest for the lock case. A chisel and a hammer choose and clean a nest of the lock and straighten edges.
8. Fastening of the case of the lock and handles. Insert the lock case into a cut and note at an end face of a door the sizes of the lock. Again insert the lock into a cut and mark places for screws. Screw the lock applied screws. Push a spindle through a square aperture in the case of the lock which is before the drilled aperture on a door face sheet, then put overlays for handles, handles and fix screws.
9. Fastening of an accepting overlay. Close a door and note uvula position on a jamb. Open a door, hang up an overlay on a uvula and measure distance from edge of an overlay to a door face sheet. Transfer this distance on a jamb. Put accepting overlay to marks and lead round its pencil. Make a chisel deepening for an overlay, then mark an aperture under screws and screw an overlay on a jamb. A chisel do cuts under a uvula and a latch. Bend a hammer a ledge on an overlay, it serves directing for a uvula. Measure, cut out and fix stoppers of a door and a platband.
a source: Ural Mountains LTD
In addition on the given theme:
That such modern doors?
the Pendant sliding door
All about door loops
Choosing a steel door
Choosing a steel door - remember
Merits and demerits of a wooden door
How to choose interroom doors